The Walter Benjamin Kolleg integrates the manifold inter- and transdisciplinary research activities of the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Bern (Switzerland). It is particularly committed to the promotion of young scholars.
To this end, the Kolleg awards the annual prize “Young Scholars” to excellent young researchers from Switzerland and abroad who vividly communicate their interdisciplinary research to a broad public.
“Young Scholars” aims to identify and promote young talent by increasing their visibility, creating networking opportunities, and boosting their scientific and intellectual development. In return, the young scholars of the college benefit from the exchange with the awardees.
The prize is awarded as part of a public event at a Bernese cultural institution. The format is flexible in terms of topic, mode of presentation and venue, allowing new opportunities for collaboration to arise each time.
- Outstanding interdisciplinary research in the humanities at a Swiss university or abroad
- Experience in communicating one’s own research to a broad public
- Ph.D. that was awarded no more than five years ago (net academic age)
- International candidates are especially welcome.
- We welcome suggestions and self-applications by May 14 to email@example.com.
- Selection by the Steering Committee of the Kolleg until 30 June 2023
Application documents (please compile all documents into a single pdf file)
- Name and institutional affiliation of the suggested individual
- Curriculum vitae and evidence of experience in science communication
- Justification of qualification according to the selection criteria
- In case of self-application: Additionally, a letter of motivation and a letter of recommendation